Makes 1 loaf
- 400g brown bread flour
- 15g instant yeast
- 5ml sugar
- 5ml fine salt
- 150g walnuts, chopped
- 200g raisins, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, drained
- 400ml luke warm water
- 50ml De Nagmaal Karoo olive oil
* more flour as needed
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
1.Combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Pour the water and oil over the flour mixture, mix together and knead into a soft dough for 5 minutes.
3.Add the raisins and walnuts and fold into the soft dough.
4. Cover with a tea towel and allow to rise for about 2-3 hours until doubled in size.
5. Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and gently fold over a few times to create a round ball.
6. Place into a basket or bowl, lined with a floured dish cloth and allow to prove for 20-30 minutes.
7.Turn the loaf over onto a floured surface or floured baking tray. Score with a sharp knife and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown and crusty.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing.